Have you ever wondered how to become more involved in your community? Did you know that you could be appointed by the State to a board or commission at the local or state level? The bedrock of our democracy is founded on the involvement and participation in government. This is why I encourage anyone who is interested in becoming more involved in their community to apply for an appointment to a board, committee, or commission.
Application processes may vary for each Board and Committee, but all positions will be publically available on Departments’ websites, and on the website of the Governor, and the Speaker of the Assembly. This information is to help you navigate the appointment process:
How to Apply for a Governor-Appointed Position:
- To view the index of Appointed Positions, please visit https://www.gov.ca.gov/appointments/. At the webpage, you will find an index of all Governor-appointed positions to review with indications of whether they are salaried, per diem, or non-compensated.
- To begin the application process, please visit https://www.gov.ca.gov/appointments-application/. Here you will find all the application instructions.
How to Apply for a Speaker-Appointed Position:
- To access the Speaker’s appointment webpage, please visit https://speaker.asmdc.org/appointments.
- To start your application and view the list of boards and commissions, please visit https://speaker.asmdc.org/appointments/how-to-apply.
- In addition, the Speaker’s Appointment Office also conducts seminars throughout California. For a list of upcoming seminars, you can visit the Events Calendar through this link: https://speaker.asmdc.org/appointments/events.
How to Learn More about a Senate President Pro Tempore-Appointed Position:
- Please contact the Senate Appointments Office at 916-651-4151.
If you have any questions or need any help, please do not hesitate to reach out to my office.